Hello everyone and welcome to Week 10 of ART F262X.
Please do the following before SUNDAY, March 26 (11:59PM).
1. Go through the material in the Neoclassicism and Romanticism wing.
2. Respond to the following forums on Slack:
Slack channel #week10part1
- Art in the late 18th and 19th centuries continued the debate about the proper style and approach to art that had begun in the 15th century with line vs. color. In the 17th century this expanded to include the rivalry between reason and emotion. Choose a work from Neoclassicism and a work from Romanticism, and discuss how they reflect these arguments.
Slack channel #week10part2
- Neoclassicism and Romanticism both grew out of the Age of Enlightenment and the Industrial Revolution – one a reaffirmation of Enlightenment principles and the other a reaction against them. Discuss how the work in this unit responds to this debate.
3. Turn in the second Grant Proposal via Canvas.
Call For Proposals
The Doctor Jones Institute of Lost Treasure is asking for proposals to include a new work of art in the museum. The Institute has noticed that there is room in the following wings: Mannerism, Baroque, Dutch Golden Age, and Rococo. What work (that is not already discussed as part of the class) do you think deserves to be included in the museum halls? Tell us why you think it is so important. How does it fit in with the other works in the wing? How does it expand our understanding of the art already discussed?
Please follow the instructions under the tab Course Documents -> Grant Proposals to submit your entries and see sample assignments. All proposals are due by 11:59pm on Sunday, March 26th.