Hello everyone and welcome to Week 14 of ART F262X.
Please do the following before 10pm, SUNDAY, April 19.
1. Go through the material in the Neoclassicism/Romanticism and the American Art wings. You do not have to read or watch absolutely everything but make sure you have a good sense of the discussions surrounding each of the works.
2. Respond to the following forums on Slack:
- Neoclassicism and Romanticism both grew out of the Age of Enlightenment and the Industrial Revolution – one a reaffirmation of Enlightenment principles and the other a reaction against them. Discuss how the work in this unit responds to this debate.
- Choose a work from the American art wing and discuss how it reflects a new and rapidly changing country. Possible topics include military history, manifest destiny, and new experiments in democracy.
3. Turn in your Final Project and comment on at least two projects made by fellow classmates.