Hello everyone, and welcome to the first week of ART F262X.
Please do the following before 11:59pm, Sunday, July 3.
1. Watch the Welcome Video.
2. Read through the Syllabus.
3. Register on Slack so that you can post in the discussion forums. You can find the Slack homepage here. Click the “Try Slack” button to create an account. I encourage you to edit your profile and include an avatar. I will send out invitations to our Slack Workspace on our first day of classes. If you already have a Slack account, you will be able to use your existing login and add our Workspace to your account.
4. Make an introductory video and post it in the Slack channel #introductory-videos. Instructions for the introductory video are found under Course Documents. Respond at least twice to your fellow student’s videos.
5. Go through the material in the Early Renaissance Art wing.
6. Respond to the following forums on Slack: Instructions for posting in the Discussion Forum can be found under Course Documents.
Slack channel #week1part1
- Please share an experience that you have had with visual culture and what it meant to you. Visual culture can include the so-called high arts of painting, sculpture, or architecture but it can also refer to popular media like TV or cinema, illustrations, ads, or even the graphs in a scientific paper.
Slack channel #week1part2